Pancreatic pseudocysts are fluid collections around the pancreas, which are more common in chronic pancreatitis than in acute pancreatitis.
Symptoms of pseudocysts are
- Pain abdomen
- Fever in the case of infected pseudocyst
- Decrease in hemoglobin in case of bleed in cyst
Treatment options are
- Asymptomatic cysts can be followed up
- Cysts which are decreasing in size usually does not require treatment
- Endoscopic or EUS guided drainage is done for symptomatic or persistent/enlarging pseudocysts
- Percutaneous drainage is reserved for cysts not amenable to endoscopic drainage
Wonderful experience. One extremely good thing about Dr Ankita is that she is very polite and patient. She hears his patients completely and with my personal experience I feel she never gives unnecessary medicine. She is very experienced *** ******** in his profession. I appreciate her and will always recommend my family and friends to visit her.