Cholangiocarcinoma is the most common tumor of bile duct. Cholangiocarcinoma may involve the bile duct at liver hilum, lower CBD or intrahepatic biliary system. Hilar is the most common type of cholnagiocarcinoma
Rick factors are
- Choledochal cyst
- Clonorchis sinensis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Biliary-enteric drainage procedures
- Painless jaundice
- Weight loss and anorexia
- Fever and pain abdomen in the case of cholangitis
- Diagnosis is suspected when USG/CT/MRCP reveals obstruction of biliary system, and a mass around the CBD
- For tissue diagnosis, EUS – FNA, ERCP-brushings, and spyglass with biopsy are available options
- Surgery is the best option for resectable tumors
- For unresectablehilarcholangiocarcinoma, chemo-radiotherapy followed by liver transplantation is the new treatment strategy.
- For advanced tumors, ERCP and stenting can be done for palliation of jaundice/itching and fever
Wonderful experience. One extremely good thing about Dr Ankita is that she is very polite and patient. She hears his patients completely and with my personal experience I feel she never gives unnecessary medicine. She is very experienced *** ******** in his profession. I appreciate her and will always recommend my family and friends to visit her.