EUS is ultrasound of internal structures surrounding the GI tract with the help of endoscope. EUS provides excellent resolution of pancreas, biliary system and the mediastinum.
EUS is performed by oral route after conscious sedation.
During EUS, sample can be taken from the nodes in mediastinum, tumor of pancreas and bile duct. With the help of endoscopic ultrasound various collections can be drained internally in the stomach or rectum and the major surgeries can be avoided.
Indications of EUS are
- Sampling of chest and abdominal nodes, adrenal gland
- Evaluation of dilated CBD without known cause
- Sampling of mass in pancreas or CBD
- Drainage of perirectal and peripancreatic collection
- Celiac plexus block for pain relief in patients with chronic pancreatitis
- Celtic plexus neurolysis for pain relief in patients with pancreatic cancer
- Stent placement in CBD or liver in case of failed ERCP
EUS examination showing node in the mediastinum
Informative EUS videos can be seen in video category of this website
Wonderful experience. One extremely good thing about Dr Ankita is that she is very polite and patient. She hears his patients completely and with my personal experience I feel she never gives unnecessary medicine. She is very experienced *** ******** in his profession. I appreciate her and will always recommend my family and friends to visit her.