Colonoscopy is a test for evaluation of large intestine, and the terminal portion of small intestine. Procedure is performed under anaesthesia. During colonoscopy, colonoscope is introduced through the anus and gradually advanced further.
During colonoscopy, Biopsy can be taken from suspicious areas, or endotherapy can be done for the bleeding lesions
Indications for colonoscopy are
- Bleeding from the anus
- Loose motions with blood in stool
- Pain in lower abdomen
- CECT or ultrasound showing mass in the colon
- Suspicion of ulcers in small bowel
- Screening colonoscopy after the age of 50 years for early detection of cancer/premalignant lesions
Therapeutic indication for colonoscopy are
- Endotherapy of bleeding ulcers
- Stenting of the colon in malignant obstruction
|Rectal polyp||Ulcerative colitis||Crohn’s disease|
Wonderful experience. One extremely good thing about Dr Ankita is that she is very polite and patient. She hears his patients completely and with my personal experience I feel she never gives unnecessary medicine. She is very experienced *** ******** in his profession. I appreciate her and will always recommend my family and friends to visit her.