Esophageal Stricture & Web
Esophageal stricture are narrowing of esophageal lumen resulting in dysphagia
Causes of esophageal stricture are
- Ingestion of acid or alkali
- Post surgery
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Drug induced
- Esophageal cancer
- Dysphagia and weight loss
- Dysphagia for solids is the predominant symptom
- Diagnosis is established by endoscopy and biopsy
- Treatment is endoscopic dilatation, surgery and medical therapy depending upon the underlying cause.
Esophageal webs are membranes in the esophageal lumen, and are mostly seen in upper esophagus
- Webs may be asymptomatic or may lead to dysphagia
- Treatment is endoscopic dilatation
Wonderful experience. One extremely good thing about Dr Ankita is that she is very polite and patient. She hears his patients completely and with my personal experience I feel she never gives unnecessary medicine. She is very experienced *** ******** in his profession. I appreciate her and will always recommend my family and friends to visit her.